Types of Membership
To Join or Renew
There are several types of AWA membership, including:
All AWA members interested in receiving the quarterly newsletter and online access to the complete library of AWA publications must ensure the AWA Treasurer has current email contact information.
AWA accepts several methods of payment of membership fees. You can:
c/o The Burke Museum
University of Washington Box 353010
Seattle, WA 98195-3010
By joining the Association for Washington Archaeology, you help support research and preservation of the unique heritage of Washington State. You also gain the benefits of membership, including:
- Access to Archaeology in Washington, an online peer-reviewed journal detailing current research relevant to the Washington archaeological community. Access to the online journal allows users to read current and past volumes of AiW, as well as archived issues of Occasional Papers of the Washington Archaeological Society and The Washington Archaeologist.
- Delivery of the quarterly AWA Newsletter via email.
- Eligibility to apply for AWA grant funding to support your research or conference travel.
- For institutional members, listing in the first section of the AWA Consultant List
- Announcements about news, events, and exhibitions of interest and relevance to those interested in the archaeology of Washington.
- Networking opportunities with professional archaeologists in Washington State and beyond.
- The opportunity to contribute to historic preservation, research, and education in Washington State and beyond.
- A voice in AWA business, such as board meetings and the AWA general business meeting held annually at the Northwest Anthropological Conference.